Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's fall...how can I be sad?

Life feels heavy these days and I've decided it doesn't need to feel that way.

So for evidences of God's grace in the day to day, here's what I've got:

The boy in 2nd grade, the one who's going to be so cute when he's older, doing the robot dance for me today on cue.

Eating potato chowder soup with Sarah and venting how we hate Army.

Picking leaves off a tree today in the QFC parking lot while employees on break wondered what the girl in skinny jeans and brown boots was doing in the bushes.

Looking out at my maroon, yellow, fuchsia and marigold mums on my patio each day and getting warm inside.

Recording all of Phil's accents and dialects on my note-to-self so I can replay them when I miss him. My favorite is the overly-cautious old lady.

Putting on my new bright green sweater cardigan. I love sweater weather.

Hearing Corrie's daughter talk in her 2 year old smoker voice.

Listening to the lyrics,
I'm just not strong enough...I can't do this alone, God I need you to hold on to me...

Waking up and thinking I'm doing this, I'm going to do this, and I'm going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment