Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The End...Or To Be Continued...?

I never thought about what I would do with this blog once the hubster returned. It seemed like I would be spouting on here for an undetermined time. And yet here we are, 21 Sept, and this is my last post. No sadness here though!

My beloved returns today (technically early tomorrow) and I'm sporting my gray, not so attractive welcome home t-shirt for this momentous day. I never put much thought into what this day would look like. I daydream all the time about being in the gym and hearing the words, "You're released! Go enjoy your family!" and waiting to spot that cute face through the crowd and running into his arms - as fast as one can with a 3 month old attached to the hip. But the actual day before the ceremony? No idea what I'm supposed to do. I have a mile-long to do list, but really, none of it matters...it's all just filler.

I'm thinking back on this year and wondering if it was all filler...if I was a static character or a dynamic one. All praise to God I can thankfully say I'm a dynamic one! One might not think it by reading my posts here, but I enjoyed this year. Of course I missed my husband and I cried a lot and I wished he was sleeping next to me each night. I had many hard moments and many times being mad at him because I had to put something together by myself or take out the trash in the pouring rain while 6 months pregnant. Yet, looking at the entirety of it all, I had a pretty remarkable year.

I traveled all over: Michigan, Arizona, Florida, Oregon. I read a lot. I knit a lot. I lived with family and got to be back in high school, or so it felt. I got spoiled. Somebody else folded my sheets...especially the fitted sheet, bane of my housewifely existence. I ate dinners with friends, took home their leftovers, got to help kiddos with homework as I camped out at their house (literally). Enjoyed morning brunches and coffees with other amazing women. Took more naps then I'll ever be able to number (I dream about those now). Got involved with causes, efforts, and people. Cooked a lot of meals. Shopped a lot at Babies R Us. Grew in my faith. Met new people. Sat on my knees before Christ. Was devastated by loss. Laughed until I peed. Mastered a couple of puzzles. Found that God truly is sufficient for all things.

And here I am. Checking the clock and counting down the hours until it's all done. I'm in a joyful delirium as I look at this apartment and my chubby-cheeked son. The apartment will change once Phil steps through the door...somehow transform into a different space as I'll say adieu to my bachelorette pad. So here's to the end of finishing a great but long chapter and starting a fresh new one. I have no idea what it will look like, what conflicts these characters will face or what awaits them, but I'm ready for the adventure and I pray for guidance and grace from God through it all.

Thanks for taking this chapter with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment